Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Blog-Tember // Day 7: Five Joyful Things

It is day seven of the Blog-Tember Challenge and I am 7/7! YAY! Today's topic is five things that bring me joy. I find joy in all the things. The littlest of things makes me happy, so this blog post was a hard one. Here are just a few of the things that bring me joy.



1. Teaching...I teach PreK at a local county school. I teach PreK at my church on Wednesday nights. I teach 1st and 2nd grade on Sunday mornings. I love the babies. They are so sweet and so much fun. But ya'll...it is so much more than teaching the ABC's and 123's. It is loving and caring for those sweet little ones. It is holding hands and wiping away the tears. It is listening to all of their stories and reading books. Teaching brings me joy.

2. Coffee...I. need. all. the. coffee. It has become a requirement for me to get my mornings started. I am serious about my coffee. My kids at school will say, "Don't spill Ms. Mallory's coffee or else she is going to cry!" I think I have taught them well. I even collect coffee mugs.

3. Jesus...I have grown up in church and I was saved and baptized right before my tenth birthday. But the past few years, I feel like I have grown immensely closer with God. I have learned that by being dependent on Him, life is so much easier. I can honestly say that I do not know how I would have made it through the past year if it wasn't for my relationship with God and my Jesus-loving friends and family that have encouraged me every step of the way.

4. Fall...while I am a lover of all the seasons, there is just something about fall that makes me extra happy. The cool weather makes the coffee drinking ten times better. The fall scents are heavenly. The leaves changing, the cotton blooming, the fresh hay bales...it makes me happy.

5. Being an aunt...nothing compares to the love I get from my babies. Not to mention, I am an aunt to three of the cutest little ones. Kyndall is ten and she is in that stage where she likes to pick and aggravate. We fight like sisters and I pick on her just like she picks on me. Libby is eight and she is a D-I-V-A. We bond over things like makeup and lipstick and dancing. Jase is one and a half and the only boy around here. Needless to say, he is spoiled rotten. He has his Mal-Mal wrapped around his little finger. He is learning all sorts of new tricks that are just hilarious. Being an aunt is seriously the best.

What brings YOU joy?

2 comments:

  1. Aw that is so fun to be teaching little ones as well as 1st and 2nd graders! I bet they keep you on your toes! and yes yes yes to Jesus, the ultimate joy giver!

    ReplyDelete