Monday, September 5, 2016

Blog-Tember // Day 5: Most Memorable Birthday

I have had several memorable birthdays. Around here, birthdays are a big thing, so we always go all out. My parents go above and beyond to make sure I have the best birthday, no matter what age. But 22 has been my most favorite. You can read 22 thoughts at 22, here.

My actual birthday fell on a Wednesday this year, and it was also right after school had started back. So, taking all of that into consideration, we planned to celebrate my birthday on the weekend before and after my birthday.

On the weekend before my birthday, the whole family got together and celebrated at Chili's, my favorite restaurant. We all ate and then went back to my house for ice cream cake. YUM! Before I could blow out my candles, we all jammed out to Taylor Swift's song, 22.


On my actual birthday, we went to church and after class, my best friend and I went to the back to talk about something. As I was walking out to head home, all of my church people surprised me in the kitchen and sang 'Happy Birthday' to me, followed by cookie cake. (Thanks, mom and dad!) See, I told you they always go above and beyond. And yes, I cried happy tears.


(I know this isn't a great picture, but if you look real close, somewhere inside that huddle of children, I am there. Hugs and kisses all around from all of my church babies.)

The weekend after my birthday was spent celebrating with a few of my closest friends. We kicked it old fashion with a slumber party and movie marathon night.


And let me tell you, I have not found a meme that is more accurate than this. I love to sing 'Happy Birthday' to other people, but when you are the one that everyone is singing too...it is kinda, sorta, very awkward!


I don't really know why this birthday has been my favorite. But I loved spending it with all of my people. My family and friends sure do know how to make a girl feel loved. 

What is YOUR most memorable birthday?



2 comments:

  1. I got a genuine chuckle out of that meme, because it's so true!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely relate to the meme! I love that you had the sweetest surprise party. :)

    ReplyDelete